Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

This Week's Happenings ...

Greetings on this crisp and sunny Monday morning! Dare we hope for Spring? I must admit that it's been rather challenging for me to adjust to coming back home after being in hot and sunny weather for the last few weeks. It is, however, good to be home! Many of you have asked about whether or not I'll be posting a web album of my Panama pics and the answer is "yes" - it'll take me a few days to put it all together, but I'll share it with you once I'm done. This week I'm cooking a couple of soup recipes from the book "Feasting in the Forest" by the late Nancy Brannon, who was both a friend a a chef mentor to me in the early years of Mon Ami. Among other things, Nancy owned the Crabby Gourmet Restaurant in Winchester Bay for many years and later on a catering business and cooking school. We worked together on several occasions and when she became ill, it was our privilege at Mon Ami to complete her catering commitments on her behalf (including a wild wedding in the Appalachian boondocks, but I'll save that story for my book!). I chose the Vellutata di Funghi and Zuppa Verde Con Polpettine (translations below) as they were such big favorites at the Brannon's Wilderness Lodge in the Rocky Mountains. Hope you enjoy them, too! Here's what's on the menu this week at Mon Ami ... Monday: Garden Vegetable Quiche; Soup: Fresh Asparagas Bisque Tuesday: Hot Roast Beef Sandwich w/Sauteed Onions & Peppers - served with au jus; Soup: Vellatata di Funghi (Cream of Mushroom) Wednesday:Mediterranean Salad w/Toasted Pita; Soup: Zuppa Verde con Polpettine (Spinach Soup with Tiny Meatballs) Thursday: Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich w/Pesto Aolii and Provolone; Soup: Rustic Split Pea Friday: Baked Ziti Alfredo; Soup: Clam Chowder Saturday: Hot Cinnamon Sticky Buns, fresh out of the oven at 10 am! For our Take-Home Suppers this week, we're offering Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with REAL mashed potatoes and gravy on Wednesday, and on Friday we're serving Fettuccini Alfredo w/Chicken and Tossed Green Salad. Please call or email your orders in by 3 p.m. the day prior to pick-up. And finally, thank you for your loyal and enthusiastic support of my cozy little shop! It is a joy to serve you and be a part of this wonderful community! Wishing you Grace and Plenty, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment